Lubbock Backup's operation has been built around its Secure Cloud Backup service and its strategic partnership with Asigra; the world’s market leading software for Online Data backup and Disaster Recovery.
The Agentless Architecture:
Backup and recovery software typically require agents that are installed onto the host servers that
a system administrator wants to back up. Even in a modest-sized environment, agent management
can get extremely complex when an administrator is forced to deal with different operating
systems and revision levels.
The Lubbock Backup solution requires no agents, which inherently makes it easier to install and support than legacy backup and recovery solutions.
Lubbock Backup offers unprecedented efficiencies to the data being captured, ingested, stored and transmitted over the network using the following methods:
- De-duplication techniques
- Backup and transmission of only new/changed data (incremental forever)
- Compression techniques
- Advanced encryption - Multiple options up to industry-leading AES 256-bit with a 32-character key. Software security is FIPS 140-2 certified. When data is destroyed, the process is handled in accordance with U.S. Department of Defense 5220.22-M specifications.
- Digital signatures - Captured for every single file and block of data, with built-in validation hardcoded into our data protection process.
- Configurable password management - Can automatically generate strong passwords and prompt users to change at random or at regular intervals, per your in-house security policies.
- Adaptive protection procedures - Manual solutions (like tape backup) are not compliant with modern regulations; disk-based, automated backups adaptively keep pace with compliance requirements.
- Agentless backup architecture - By not deploying software installations on every piece of equipment, fewer doors have to be opened in your firewall, for tighter overall security.
As an agentless information recovery application, Lubbock Backup is ideal for integration into complex virtualized environments:
- Hardware resources are not “stolen” from production applications as no backup
agents are used.
- Seamless migration between physical and virtual: agentless backup technology does not
depend on specific hardware layouts (e.g., tape devices attached or specific hardware
resources available) and is able to connect to both physical and virtual machines.
- Application-aware backup – the DS-Client’s agentless capabilities expand well beyond pure
file backup – it supports System State/Registry/Services Database as well as providing a
wide range of database and application support, like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2,
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange,Microsoft SharePoint.
- Highly flexible and scalable: agentless backup is the only backup technology supporting true
virtual backup appliance creation. DS-Client deployments can range from virtual appliances,
to dedicated backup servers for larger environments up to grid-computing deployments for
redundancy and optimal backup resource utilization in very large deployments.
Next - Partners
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Oracle (including SAP-certified backup/restore)
- VSS-support, System State & Services Database
- Mac OS X
- VMware, Hyper-V and XenSource